In 1858, a small trading company made a modest beginning at Madras in South India. In the following year it was made a subsidiary of Clark Wilson’s & Co. U.K., the prestigious name it has borne ever since. In 1875, the company was appointed as Lloyd’s Agents. A hundred years later Wilson Surveyors & Adjusters Pvt. Ltd. retains this association. An honor few companies in the world can take pride in.
Wilson’s and Co. Ltd. is part of Woodbriar Group, the leading producers of Tea, Coffee, Cardamom and Pepper in South India, The group employs over 11,000 people and has been a symbol of success for well over a century. Across time, Wilson’s & Co Ltd have broadened its Vision while retaining its core values and continues to be bedrock of stability. Wilson Surveyors and Adjusters Pvt. Ltd. was incorporated as separate company, being part of the group to focus on Insurance Services business.
Wilson Surveyors & Adjusters Pvt. Ltd is part of Woodbriar Group.
- LOSS PREVENTION & LOSS CONTROL.
- RISK ASSESSMENT SURVEYS.
- PRE-SHIPMENT & DISCHARGE SURVEYS.
- CARGO DAMAGE SURVEYS.
- TRANSIT LOSS & THEFT INVESTIGATIONS.
- ?CLAIMS MANAGEMENT.
In 1811, the Committee of Lloyd’s decided that a network of Agencies should be established to protect the interests of underwriters.
Today, Lloyd’s Agencies form the world’s most extensive surveying and adjusting network. There are more than 680 Lloyd’s Agents and Sub-Agents located in 175 countries around the world. They provide 24-hour year-round services to the global insurance industry and its customers.
Lloyd’s Agents are appointed on the basis of their:
- Proven expertise and experience in marine surveying, particularly cargo. Their skills also extend to other classes such as non-marine, aviation and even personal lines such as travel insurance.
- Expertise, integrity and local standing. Lloyd’s Agencies are generally well-established businesses and enjoy excellent reputations in their local communities.
- Willingness to comply with stringent service levels when conducting surveys or adjusting claims, thereby ensuring that their customers receive the highest standard of service.
- Participation in the continuous training and development programs managed by the Lloyd’s Agency Department in London. These are aimed primarily at improving the basic skills of cargo surveyors. Additional initiatives are continually being introduced in order to enhance existing skills to ensure that Lloyd’s Agencies meet the insurance and trade demands of the 21st century.
- Access to in-house staff surveyors and detailed knowledge of local independent experts for cases when specialist knowledge is needed.